About the Position: You will serve as an International Organization for Standardization (ISO) representative for the Defense Forensic Science Center (DFSC) Office of Quality Initiatives and Training (OQIT). Overall responsibilities include duties related to establishing, implementing, and maintaining the organization's ISO-based Quality management system by planning, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating policy, methodology, procedures, and practices relative to Quality Management Systems.Learn more about this agency
- Assist with developing, implementing, improving, and auditing quality plans, procedures, and auditing techniques; coordinate, make recommendations, and advise on the development, administration, management, and oversight of quality policy for the quality management system audit program.
- Perform as an International Organization for Standardization- International Electro-technical Commission (ISO-IEC) 17025 Lead Auditor, responsible for scheduling audits, selecting auditors, leading audit teams, maintaining audit and other related ISO documentation, and serving as principal point of contact (POC) for audit program activities.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the audit program and other programs in an effort to garner program growth opportunities, applying a high degree of expertise in the application and review of ISO-IEC 17025 quality requirements.
- Make authoritative recommendations; serve as an expert ISO and consultant/advisor to various teams, higher management, and representatives of higher headquarters; plans the accomplishment of work assignments and independently develop analytical methods and detailed study procedures, deviating from accepted practices to the extent required by the assignment.
- Conduct meetings, briefings, and conferences; develop personal contacts with a variety of managers, officials, and others, both within and outside the activity, that are involved in the operations and operating programs of DFSC; communicate with contacts for the purpose of persuading decision makers to accept recommendations and findings derived as a result of studies and analyses made to suggest changes in procedures and methods to obtain greater efficiency and effectiveness in operating programs.
- Advising and supporting the OQIT programs of responsibility to include but is not limited to: the forensic science technical training programs for forensic examiners; required annual training for all DFSC employees and contractors; managing the forensic proficiency testing program for all DFSC employees and contractors; managing the in-processing duties in OQIT for new employees and contractors; and managing the quality management Qualtrax software, OQIT's program of record for quality documents and technical records.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position 15% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515469500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.