This position is located in Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, Assistant Commandant for Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Technology (C4IT)(CG-6), Office of C5I Program Management (C5I PMO)(CG-68), C5I Systems Management Division (CG-681), Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Information Technology Specialist with the Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence (C5I) Systems and Capabilities Management Division (CG-681), this position serves as the Chief, Infrastructure Branch (CG-6812). Assists the Division Chief in performance of portfolio and program oversight, policy planning, and asset management of programs and related duties.. This division reports to the Chief, Program Management Office (CG-68), who reports to the Assistant Commandant for Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Technology (CG-6). The Systems and Capabilities Division has three branches: the Operations Systems Branch (CG-6811), the Infrastructure Branch (CG-6812), and the Mission Support Systems Branch (CG-6813).
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical Duties include:
- Performing strategic planning, capital planning and investment control (CPIC), workforce planning, resource management, knowledge management, planning and management, and information security management.
- Developing, implementing, and interpreting metrics for the evaluation of IT portfolios and program effectiveness and efficiency. Monitors state of the art IT developments and makes recommendations on how to address trends and new technologies within context of agency policies, plans, and management strategies.
- Developing guidance and standards regarding the design, build, configuration and maintenance of C5I infrastructure capabilities with DoD, DHS and other entities. Collaborating and liaising with DoD, DHS, and other government agencies (OGAs) and industry to shape policy and standards that facilitate all capabilities and interoperability.
- Providing oversight and management for approved C5I portfolios that contain infrastructure. Linking objectives to vision, goals, and priorities; developing performance measures; identifying gaps and risks.
- Providing program management and oversight of discrete segments for the C5I Enterprise Mission Platform (EMP) for C5I infrastructure. Managing, tracking, and updating all operations systems program documentation. Managing identified infrastructure risks and issues, taking corrective measurements.
- Overseeing and managing the implementation of the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) for C5I infrastructure through the acquisition life cycle framework (ALF). Implementing the SELC Framework for infrastructure and ensuring appropriate activities are planned and implemented to comply with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the Clinger-Cohen Act, and other Federal Laws.
- Overseeing annual C5I infrastructure acquisition and disposal/termination forecast and quarterly updates for operations systems. Developing and implementing program and/or framework to capture asset acquisition and asset termination forecast for all infrastructure.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515461000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.