G.V.(Sonny) Montgomery VAMC is seeking a Board Certified or Board Eligible Vascular Surgeon to join the surgical team.Learn more about this agency
- Provides guidance and clinical supervision for the nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and health technicians assigned to the Surgical Service when appropriate.
- Provides guidance and supervision for the medical students and residents assigned to the
- Surgical Service in accordance to Center Policy.
- Participates and attends medical center committee meetings as assigned by the Chief, Surgical Service in his/her absence.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and expansion of programs in the Surgical Service,
- Participates in the selection of new staff and provides input on staff assigned in their area.
- Revises work schedules and assignment on short notice to meet frequent, abrupt, and unpredictable changes in prescribed workloads and deadlines.
- Participates in various facility programs designed to enhance and improve the delivery of patient care services, to include but not limited to Process Action Teams, Root Cause Analysis, and Peer Review.
- Serves as Acting Chief, Surgical Services as needed at the request of the Service Chief.
- Commits to attending surgical staff morbidity and mortality meetings.
- Provides quality patient care to both inpatients and outpatients in accordance with approved clinical privileges.
- Participates in multidisciplinary activities involving the treatment plan and discharge plan of patents.
- Exhibits leadership in initiating change in patient care programs based on current concepts and findings from evidence-based research and studies. Keeps informed of developments in the management and treatment of diseases and illness through continuing medical education, both formal and informal.
- Successfully integrates patient care activities on the Surgical Service with other patient care programs at the medical center and in the community, such as Social Work, Prosthetics, and Nursing Home.
- Serves as staff attending for patients on the Surgical Service, who are either outpatient or inpatients, or seen in consultation.
Work Schedule: M-F 8 AM - 4:30 PM (other times as required); subject to change based on agency needs
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515399700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.