Applications are being accepted for RNs in the different sections of Intensive Care Unit at Nursing Service. The Primary Purpose of the Position is: to be responsible and accountable for all elements of the nursing process when providing and/or supervising direct patient care. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care based on age-specific components.Learn more about this agency
This is an OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. Resumes/Questionnaires received in USA Staffing in response to this announcement will be maintained in the USA Staffing job file. Qualification determinations will be done based on the applicant's resume/questionnaire/documents submitted for the position and a list of qualified candidates will be referred to Service.
**The first list of eligible applicants will be pulled for referral on Tuesday, November 13, 2018** .Subsequent referrals of qualified applicants will be referred on the last day of each month (Cutoff dates) or as need it. The vacancy announcement will remain open until closed, canceled or filled.**
The following is a list of skills and characteristics which are essential attributes of this assignment:
- Incumbent must be independent and skilled in the care of the complex patient with complex needs.
- Incumbent is responsible for working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team and must have ability to teach patients and families about concerns and issues of an ICU patient.
- Incumbent must have the ability to use computers for data collection, knowledgeable of Computer Patient Record Systems, Excel and Word.
- Incumbent must have physical capabilities to initiate crisis intervention measures and the ability and knowledge to perform in nursing care emergencies.
- Demonstration of effective communication skills and tact in dealing with patients, families, and staff.
- Establish interdisciplinary interactions with physicians and other health care professionals.
- Ability to work on an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and utilize available staff to accomplish patient care workload.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Recruitment incentive: is authorized for this position.
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): may be authorized.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515395600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.