As a Building Management Specialist, you serve as subject matter expert for planning, executing, evaluating and improving the vertical transportation program and ensure the safety, prooper operations and maintenance of highly technical and critical vertical transportation systems.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Public Buildings Service, Facilities Management Division (FM) Atlanta, GA.
The Building Management Specialist/Vertical Transportation Specialist is a Senior Specialist who works as a regional technical advisor within the GSA, Southeast Sunbelt Region, Public Buildings Service, Facilities Management (FM) Division.
- Performs work in collaboration with other program specialists in support of customers, managing and evaluating building operations to achieve customer permissions. Provides expert technical knowledge, background and guidance in regards to, but not limited to, analyzing and evaluating current and future regional vertical transportation workload, budgetary and workload man-hour requirements documentation; and other related program activities.
- Serves as a technical advisor/instructor in the proper operation, care, servicing and repair of regional vertical transportation systems (i.e., elevators, escalators) located in government owned and/or operated buildings.
- Conducts evaluations and inspections to determine whether vertical transportation systems and associated equipment capabilities are being used effectively and with prudence in fulfilling agency responsibilities. Records performance profiles for transportation systems in order to diagnose, evaluate and analyze overall performance effectiveness.
- As a subject matter expert, reviews and analyzes plans, drawings, specifications, and project directives to insure that the proposed design for new construction and major repair contracts with D&C includes features required for the economical, effective maintenance and optimum performance on vertical transportation systems and associated equipment.
- The incumbent oversees or directs periodic and acceptance inspections and tests recommended by the most recent edition of ANSI/ASME A17.1, Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators, in order to provide the required certification that the equipment inspected or tested is in conformance with applicable sections of the code. Ensures scheduling of code required periodic and routine inspections are maintained.
- Researches, compiles and disseminates technical, engineering, performance and maintenance information relating to vertical transportation systems and associated equipment for use by design officials, personnel engaged in the operations, maintenance and repair of vertical transportation systems and to those charged with the responsibility to inspect the work of contractors performing these same functions. Has the ability to interpret and explain disseminated information. Also provides programmatic direction to force account personnel.
Occasional travel - Frequent travel for short duration is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515160900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.