This position is located in the International Affairs and Trade (IAT) team. The IAT team leads GAO's work in support of congressional oversight of efforts to advance and protect U.S. foreign policy and international economic interests in a complex and challenging global environment. To learn more about IAT please visit us on the web at: International Affairs and TradeLearn more about this agency
The International Affairs and Trade (IAT) is seeking an experienced professional to serve as a Senior Economist; responsible for providing economics research in support of GAO's engagements and performing advanced economic analyses of federal programs and policies. Specifically, the incumbent:
- Identifies economic issues and participates in design, data collection and analysis, message development, and report writing.
- Develops econometric analyses of economic, financial, and administrative data to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of federal programs and policies.
- Applies advanced economic concepts and tools to the evaluation of federal programs and policies. Assesses economic trade-offs associated with federal programs and policies, including their impact on individuals, businesses, markets, prices and quantities.
- Critically evaluates economic research conducted by federal agencies, academics and other experts to determine quality, relevance and implications for federal programs and policies.
- Reviews draft reports to ensure accuracy, precision, and clarity of presentation of economic issues and data.
- Clearly communicates in writing the methods and conclusions of advanced economic and econometric analyses and evaluations of economic research.
- Presents results of economic research in formal and informal settings, including message agreement discussions, team meetings, and briefings for Congressional staff.
- In collaboration with multi-disciplinary team members, develops findings and recommendations and prepares GAO products that provide factual and analytical information in a clear, balanced manner that meets the needs of congressional clients.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514948600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.