This Vacancy Announcement is open to US Citizens. VA Employees wishing to apply should do so VIA Vacancy Number JT-10341258-19-JAL-BULearn more about this agency
The Selected applicant for this position will Function as a HUD/VASH Case Manager for the VA Medical Center in Manchester New Hampshire and will report directly to the Mental Health Service Line Recovery Supervisor.
***** This is an open continuous vacancy announcement. This announcement is intended as a mechanism of providing consideration for the greatest number of potential candidates. Applicants will be referred periodically throughout the announcement period as positions become vacant. Final disposition notices will be completed once all positions have been filled or the announcement reaches the end of the open period stated in the announcement. ******
Housing and Urban Development/Veterans Affairs Supported Housing (HUD/VASH) is an intensive clinical case management program for chronically homeless Veterans aimed at providing psychosocial services to Veterans while residing in stable housing through HUD's housing choice voucher system. In this position you will:
- Function as a Case Manager for the Manchester VAMC's HUD/VASH program.
- Provides case management and intervention support to the Health Care for Homeless Veterans (HCHV) Program in a team oriented, recovery-based program.
- Support the HCHV Program by providing continuity of care between Homeless Programs through services to Veterans as they transition from programs such as HCHV Outreach, Contract Residential Housing or the Grant Per Diem Programs (GPD) to permanent housing through the HUD-VASH Program or other forms of housing in the community
- Provide consultative and collaborative services to other HCHV programs, including offering clinical services to Veterans enrolled in other HCHV programs.
- Recovery Planning/Goal Setting
- Case Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Education/Health promotion and prevention
- Coordination of non-institutional and institutional services
- Psychotherapy and supportive counseling
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514870800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.