This position is located within the Police Service at the Chillicothe Campus of the Southwestern Region of the Ohio Health Care System (VISN 10). The primary purpose of this position is to suppress crime and criminal activity, protect life and property, apprehend and arrest violators of criminal laws, recover stolen property and regulate non-criminal conduct. Incumbent will initiate contact when unusual persons, circumstances present, accidents occur, making detailed reports on all occurrences.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to perform the essential functions of the job which include but are not limited to:
- Respond to calls for police assistance during patrol operations determining if incidents are civil or criminal in nature.
- Operate vehicles under both normal and emergent circumstances.
- Establish safe parameters and entry control points.
- Function as a first responder (BLS certified) and administer first aid.
- Execute Federal arrest warrants.
- Notify appropriate outside jurisdiction when persons are present who have non-federal arrest warrants issued for them.
- Identify and remove hazards.
- Enforce traffic and parking policies, regulations and laws.
- Identify and apprehend offender, advising persons of their constitutional rights.
- Present competent professional testimony in court, present physical evidence in court, confer with prosecutors.
- Review and prepare evidence for court presentations.
- Evaluate tactical plan modifications.
- Attend and complete training as scheduled.
- Maintain departmental equipment as necessary.
- Qualify with Beretta 92D and Long Gun upon hiring.
Position Description Title/PD#: Police Officer/ PD# 06738-A
Physical Requirement: The work requires regular and recurring physical exertion, long hours of standing, walking, driving and similar activities. The incumbent must respond to alarms, pursue suspects, participate in training activities, climb stairs and walk during assigned foot patrols in and around large building, campus, and
other physical settings. Agility, dexterity and strength are needed to pursue, apprehend and detain uncooperative suspects. Incumbents must be physically able to lift or carry injured or hurt persons, evacuate persons to safety during storms, disasters, fires or other emergencies. The incumbent is expected to maintain a high standard of physical fitness and hand and eye coordination in order to maintain his or her semi-annual qualification with his or her assigned firearm and annual qualification with his or her assigned departmental issued intermediate weapons. Strenuous physical exertion is also required during many required and recurring training activities such as those related to weapons training, Active Threat Response training and Ground Defense and Recovery training.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514844400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.