This position will be located within the Police Service at the Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks, at the Springfield MO Clinic.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Rotating shifts, ROTATING SHIFTS: SUNDAY-SATURDAY 8AM-4PM/4PM-12AM/12AM-8AM: ROTATION AND SHIFT SCHEDULE MAY BE CHANGED AT THE DISCRETION OF MANAGEMENT.
Position Description Title/PD#: Police Officer/ PD#564-02966-A
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
This position will be located within the Police Service at the Springfield location of the Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks.
As a VA Police Officer, the primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Enforcement of Federal law and VA regulations.
- Protection of personnel, government and private property, and civil rights of individuals.
- Conduct preliminary investigations of incidents ranging from violation of policy to a major felony, and the preservation of a peaceful environment of the facility.
- Investigate complaints, obtain and properly process evidence, seek witnesses, interview complainants, victims, witnesses, suspects, etc.
- Obtain witness statements and prepare cases for prosecution by Federal, State or City prosecutors.
- Use basic police skills in patrol of hospital buildings and grounds.
- Observe all activity occurring at the hospital and is constantly alert to acts of a suspicious nature.
- Respond immediately to reports of a crime or crime in-progress.
- Conduct crime scene assessments.
- Intervene to abort criminal acts or to investigate and initiate appropriate actions.
- Make arrests, detain suspects who may be resisting arrest, subdue individuals when necessary, and process arrested persons through incarceration procedures.
- Respond to fire alarms in the medical center taking appropriate action to save lives, and property until help arrives, and report safety violations to appropriate officials.
- Respond to disturbances in progress; subdue individuals who may present a threat to themselves or others, using only the amount of physical force necessary and weapon employment as prescribed.
- Testify in courts of law as arresting officer or witness.
- Provide safety escort for people during tours of darkness when needed.
- Maintain a high state of physical condition, care for and wear uniform" in accordance with established procedures.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514830500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.