These positions will be located in one of the following GAO Mission Teams:
Contracting and National Security Acquisitions - CNSA
Defense Capabilities and Management - DCM
Education, Workforce, and Income Security - EWIS
Health Care - HCLearn more about this agency
The GAO is seeking experienced professionals to serve as Communications Analysts (Visual); responsible for supporting the development, refinement, publication, and delivery of visual information products (e.g., illustrations, infographics, photographs, and maps) for GAO products. Depending on the organizational assignment, the incumbent may perform any of the following duties:
• Participate in meetings and collaborate with all levels of staff to learn the visual information needs of the engagement, the points to be emphasized, and the relative importance of various information to be disseminated.
• Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to identify significant information that will further a product’s message to create a clear visual representation.
• Use GAO’s visual communication standards to maintain consistency of designs across visual information products and suggest text that accompanies them.
• Develop illustrations, infographics, photographs, maps, and other visual information products that meet GAO’s visual communication standards and that convey a coherent message, thought, or idea.
• Advise engagement teams on technical advantages and disadvantages of various formats, styles, media, and methods of creating visual designs that will best meet the objectives of GAO products.
• Coordinate with teams and offices to perform in-depth analyses and interpret their needs for visual information products.
• Serve as a team or unit resource and coach providing technical support and feedback to other VCAs in performing various aspects of their visual communication assignments.
• Research, develop, and recommend innovative approaches to the presentation of visual information to support GAO design policies, standards, and procedures.
• Ensure that all graphics developed adhere to set naming conventions and appropriate file storage/archival procedures.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514706600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.