This position is part of the Inter-American Foundation (IAF), Office of Programs. The incumbent will function as the Foundation's programmatic contact for a funding portfolio in assigned regions/countries.Learn more about this agency
- Manages and provides guidance and coordination for the administration of a grant portfolio. Functions as the Foundation's lead representative in assigned regions/countries.
- Liaises with other federal agencies, host governments, and international and national development institutions.
- Assists, analyzes and provides program management guidance on development and implementation opportunities requiring knowledge of community development issues in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Translates strategic goals into program objectives (i.e., grant making and capacity building strategies, strategies for developing multi-partner efforts in priority thematic areas such as sustainable agriculture or social inclusion).
- Identifies potential grantees, pre-screens projects, visits potential grantees, analyzes grant proposals for consistency with Foundation priorities and guidelines, and presents proposals for discussion at project reviews.
- Participates as a team member in the review of other projects. Coordinates the grant agreement process and consults with other Foundation offices, such as the Office of General Counsel, as necessary.
- Manages active grants and partnerships, recommends amendments, and approves disbursements. Coordinates local contractors monitoring grants.
- Prepares grant and country budgets and provides required information regarding assigned countries or grants. Works with external partners as necessary to conduct project activities.
- Works with management and other Foundation Representatives to develop programs and strategies to carry out the performance goals in the Foundation's Strategic Plan. Drafts position papers on country contexts and development topics.
- Summarizes and clarifies pragmatic, project-oriented, and general lessons learned from Foundation supported project activities.
- Maintains regional expertise and updated information regarding events affecting social and economic development in assigned countries and programs.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514537600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.