This Optometrist position falls under the Ophthalmology Section of Surgery Service at the James A. Haley VA Hospital.Learn more about this agency
The Optometrist duties include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, coordinating, and exercising professional judgement in initiating and implementing administrative and clinic decisions.
- Exercising independent professional judgement in diagnosing the full range of complex optometric conditions as well as planning and executing the necessary treatment programs to meet complex and frequent changes in the treatment objective.
- Responsible for examining, diagnosing, and performing specific optometric treatments for conditions of the vision system.
- Responsible for examining vision, eye, and related structures to determine the presence of vision anomalies, diseases, and/or other abnormalities; treating eye conditions by prescribing and adapting spectacle lenses, contact lenses, optical aids, etc., referring patients to other healthcare professionals for further diagnosis and treatments.
- Performing other duties as assigned including, but not limited to appropriate disposition of consultation and patient encounters.
Work Schedule: Full Time, Monday - Friday: 08:00 AM -04:30 PM
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514485600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.