This position is located on Gifford Pinchot National Forest in Trout Lake, WA in the South Zone Forest Engineering Program.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Jonathan Heyl at 360-891-5181 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The USDA Forest Service has legislative authority to recruit & fill Permanent (Career/Career-Conditional), Temporary, & Term Appointments under the USDA Demonstration Project. Under this authority, any U.S. citizen may apply.
- Develops plans, programs and policies for the administration, protection, and utilization of Forest resources and physical improvements with unit leadership;
- Negotiates contracts, permits and agreements with county, state and federal agencies;
- Executes budgets for planned activities and programs within the assigned units. Recommends budget operating plans and allocations based on the expected level of appropriations and other funding sources;
- Integrates comprehensive multi-use program with inter and intra area engineering teams and activities of state and local government organizations and private organizations to insure engineering aspects and operations are compatible with management plans;
- Directs the preparation of geotechnical analysis and recommendations for a variety of construction and reconstruction projects, including aggregate and asphalt surfacing designs, foundations for bridges, buildings, retaining walls, and a variety of other structures;
- Responsible for infrastructure operation and maintenance, ensuring surveys and studies are conducted to formulate long-range projects and plans to correct deficiencies or meet goals;
- Plans the work to be accomplished by the unit, assigns work to employees, and establishes production or quality standards for the unit’s work;
- Performs administrative and human resources management functions for the unit; provides advice, counsel or instruction on both administrative and work matters; and assures full compliance with safety regulations;
- Promotes equal opportunity and employs nondiscriminatory practices for merit promotion, recruitment and hiring of applicants; encouragement, recognition and fair treatment of all employees; and career development and full utilization of employees’ skills.
**Duties listed are at the full performance level.**
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel for site visits, training and meeting. May include overnight stays.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514451500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.