This is an opportunity for:
- An internal candidate to fill a SNIS Professional Tier 1 cadre position.
- A Federal Government employee to serve on a two-year reimbursable detail assignment in the ODNI. The detail assignment may be extended an additional year if all parties agree.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (MDRs)
- Deliver architectural initiatives informed by mission needs and improve efficiency in line with IC mission and business strategy.
- Advise executive leadership on critical aspects of the IC's architecture (strategic, security, mission/business, data/information, applications and/or infrastructure), standards, and IT policies.
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals, and strategies and gain organizational commitment for enterprise level architecture and infrastructure initiatives.
- Understand how policy is made at the national, IC, and agency levels and how internal and external policies can influence the enterprise architectural plans and artifacts.
- Develop, communicate, and deploy enterprise architecture governance processes ensuring they are fair, consistent, and transparent to guide enterprise architecture decision making, taking into account other Government equities (i.e. DOD) architecture Governance policies and procedures.
- Review new and existing intelligence enterprise program/project architecture for compliance with IT standards policies and architectural plans and mitigate the gaps between the current and future intelligence enterprise state.
- Provide strategic direction and technical oversight pertaining to the implementation of new tools, technologies, solutions, and methodologies.
- Interpret, and adhere to agency and federal level technology standards, policies, and directives.
- Understand how the IC budget process aligns with the annual budgeting timelines for the White House and the Congress.
- Track and apply innovative and existing technologies, anchoring them in the IC business model to assess their potential, and use rapid prototyping approaches to evolve innovations.
- Collaborate with agencies, federal partners, industry, FFRDCs, etc. to run technology experiments, helping to create new products and services and integrating the best of these into steady-state operation for the IC.
- Manage, engage and influence key stakeholders to support the ODNI's key objectives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514439300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.