---------------- RECRUITMENT OR RELOCATION INCENTIVES MAY BE AUTHORIZED ----------------Learn more about this agency
Pulmonary physician to provide consultation services and follow up of pulmonary patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting at the VA Central Iowa Health Care System Medical Center in Des Moines, Iowa.
Common duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Physician provides consultation services and follow up of pulmonary patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Sleep medicine opportunities, if desired by the physician and the medical center will be offered, assuming the physician has sleep medicine certification. Central Iowa Healthcare (CIH) System operates three full time sleep lab rooms.
- Central Iowa Healthcare has a very strong hospitalist program and Medicine Residency Program. On-call duty will be minimal, assigned as necessary, primarily for coverage of inpatients.
- Participation in special projects pertinent to assigned sub-specialty may be necessary as the projects become available with strategic or other initiatives. Examples of such projects may be palliative care program, multidisciplinary cancer care program, chronic disease management program.
- When working with inpatients provider is expected to participate in discharge planning and other interdisciplinary patient care plan activities. During this time, information regarding patient status should be discussed with the hospitalist and other team members to ensure proper hand off.
- Physicians may be assigned duty as a supervising or collaborating physician for a mid-level provider. Physicians are expected to provide clinical oversight and review.
- Your care team also includes many non-physician providers, i.e. clinical and pain management pharmacists, respiratory therapy, sleep medicine, dieticians, mental health professionals, etc.
- A progress note must be entered on all inpatients on which the physician rounds during the day. Specific documentation for resident supervision will be required. Timely documentation is necessary in all areas in accordance with departmental policy. All administrative work should be completed in a timely fashion. The discharge summary may be dictated, all other inpatient documentation should be entered by the physician into the medical record directly. DRAGON speech recognition and dictation software is available for those that request it.
- All physicians will work within their privileges at all times, unless necessitated by an emergency.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514201400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.