About the Position: This position is located with the: US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, SACRAMENTO DISTRICT, REAL ESTATE DIVISION. Duty Location is Sacramento, California.Learn more about this agency
-First review of completed application packets will be 2-3 weeks after the opening date of this announcement.
-After first review, completed application packets will be reviewed and referred to the selecting official at management's request.
-Final Closing Date: 31 December 2018
- Incumbent performs as the Senior Appraiser, responsible for the full scope of work associated with the more difficult appraisals of real property to include land and improvements.
- Completes valuations to include site specific appraisals, cost estimates, gross appraisals and real estate planning reports for military bases, and both civil and military projects to support acquisition, exchange, and real property disposal.
- Incumbent gathers and analyzes market data to include comparable sales and leases, social, economic and physiographic data, which influence real property values.
- Verifies and determines applicable portions of this data to use through field inspection and personal contact with parties of interest to substantiate conclusions.
- Reviews staff work for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with applicable law, policies and procedures.
- During review, incumbent will ensure that all valuation reports comply with the Uniform Appraisal Standards for Federal Land Acquisitions and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices, as well as agency and Federal policy and procedures.
- Incumbent prepares a review statement of each appraisal reviewed, setting forth findings and recommendations, and approval or disapproval, as appropriate.
- Incumbent may be requested on occasion to assist attorneys and/or testify as an expert witness in court action or during hearings on appraised property values, highest and best use determinations, economic feasibility and other related matters.
Occasional travel - Business Travel or TDY (Temporary Duty Travel) is approximately 20-25%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514158200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.