This Nurse Manager has immediate oversight of the nursing staff in the Operating Room (OR), Surgical/Specialty Outpatient, Same Day Services (SDS), and Endoscopy units. The Nurse Manager is responsible for the overall delivery of care in assigned area and also for the direct supervision of the nurses in his or her assigned area. Assignment may include (but is not limited to) scheduling, staffing, evaluating, counseling, and directing nurses in assigned units.Learn more about this agency
Designated first-line supervisory authority, responsibility, and accountability for the 24/7 operations of the OR, Surgical Outpatient clinic, SDS, and Endoscopy Unit, ensuring that subordinate personnel provide timely nursing care which complies with generally accepted standards of clinical practice. This includes the authority to accept, amend, or reject the work of subordinates. Has continuing responsibility for all the following functions:
- Planning work to be accomplished by subordinates, setting priorities, and preparing schedules for completion of work
- Assigning work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and the requirements of the assignments, and the capabilities of subordinates
- Evaluating the performance of subordinates
- Making recommendations for appointments, advancements or reassignments of subordinates
- Giving advice, counsel, or instruction to subordinate personnel on work and administrative matters
- Hearing and resolving complaints of subordinates and referring more serious complaints not resolved to higher level supervisors
- Recommending and/or taking disciplinary action where appropriate, and
- Identifying developmental and training needs of subordinates and providing or making provision for such development and training.
NOTE: Candidates must be willing to work weekends, irregular work hours and extended hours. The candidate must be willing to be assigned to other related services and/or locations, if necessary.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
A Recruitment/Relocation incentive has been authorized for highly qualified candidates.
Additionally, this position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). If selected for this position, you are encouraged to apply for this award program and must meet specific individual eligibility criteria in accordance with VA Policy 1021. Please contact the EDRP Coordinator, Angel Zizz, at 406-447-7538 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and to obtain application materials. There is a deadline of four months from Entrance on Duty (EOD) date to submit an application to the EDRP Coordinator. The final decision on an EDRP award amount is contingent on the availability of EDRP funds, since the overall program funding process is centralized.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513940900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.