The incumbent is the senior supporting official to the Director, Center for Operations, an SES Tier II, in directing, managing, and leading a global, 5000 person (DoD civilians, military, and contractors) information technology (IT) organization with personnel located in eleven countries and twelve states. Additionally, he/she will serve as a top-level technical and operations expert and the senior executive advisor to the Director, Center for Operations.Learn more about this agency
- The incumbent exercises dynamic control over operations of DISA's enterprise infrastructure and command and control of enterprise services and information sharing capabilities.
- Incumbent oversees and directs the operations and defense of the DISA IT enterprise environment, which provides telecommunications, computing, applications, and enterprise services for the DoD and its mission partners in nations around the world.
- These systems and services and their military-unique features provide daily support to vital Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) functions and to national level leadership.
- DoD management and control of these systems/services and their availability and capacity.
- Ensuring efficient, rapid, and seamless transition to expanded telecommunications and enterprise services needs of the DoD during operational necessity, national emergencies or war.
- Specific duties include:
- (1) Leads and directs DISA Field Commands and Field Office operations supporting all Combatant Commands (CCMDs) and the Joint Staff. The Three Field Officer/Commanders are Command Selected for Brigade-Level Positions;
- (2) Provides authoritative direction and guidance that shapes the organization, direction, and control of resources required to achieve defined DoD, Agency, and Directorate objectives.
- (3) Performs a variety of complex technical assignments to provide direction and executive level leadership in developing and sustaining the integration of applications, computing services, technology, information assurance and telecommunications .
- (4) Defines and codifies the DISA operational framework, the operational architecture, concepts, and processes to operate and defend the DISA enterprise;
- (5) Serves as the technical and operations integrator for Agency development, implementation, and standardization of information, processes, and procedures in operations service management; and
- (6) Implements and standardizes operational governance for network operations readiness to ensure the DISA enterprise is postured to meet its missions across the full spectrum of military operations.
- (7) Implements and executes timely and relevant evaluations of DISA's overall readiness via exercises, contingency planning, and analysis of operational trends and performance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513775900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.