About the Position: Incumbent provides the technical support required for the design of mechanical systems on new construction and additions or renovations to existing structures.Learn more about this agency
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of and skill in applying the basic principles of mechanical engineering related to the layout, design and construction of mechanical systems and equipment.
- Develop mechanical design, both preliminary and final, for portions of large projects, including air fields, housing facilities, medical facilities, central heating and cooling plants, technical buildings, multipurpose structures, etc.
- Utilize specialized computer software or applications in the development of plans and specifications and independent government estimates.
- Review preliminary and final design, project plans, technical provisions of specifications, cost estimates, design analyses, etc., prepared by architect/engineer firms.
- Provide technical support required for the design of mechanical systems on new construction and additions or renovations to existing structures.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% business travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513719100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.