This position is located within the Office of the Under Secretary, Intermodal Policy Team (IPT). The position reports operationally to the Executive Director, Office of the Under Secretary and programmatically to the Deputy Assistant Secretary’s for Transportation Policy. You will be required to work directly and communicate as required with the Office Directors of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Transportation Policy.Learn more about this agency
As a Transportation Policy Analyst (Intermodal), you will:
- Serve as an expert in one of the modal transportation fields.
- Work closely to develop the program planning and activities of the Office of the Secretary with the assigned mode to ensure a comprehensive Secretarial perspective and develop policy positions program analyses for issues of interest to the U.S. transportation industry.
- Serve as a Team Leader and the OST Policy Office primary resource for assigned modal area planning and program evaluations, analyzing both the domestic and foreign transportation implications of policy developments directly impacting industry.
- Work with DOT Operating Administrations to develop policy positions and support documents that consider issues of interest for modal areas assigned.
- Obtain, evaluate, and interpret data to identify transportation trends and their potential impact on policies and programs for transportation planning and financing.
- Analyze and evaluate legislative and regulatory proposals for potential impact on transportation programs, recommend revisions, and prepare implementing guidance.
- Serve as the industry point of contact and resource person for the Secretary’s Office of Policy with other DOT offices and Federal agencies, State and local transportation planning organizations, academia, research organizations, and the private sector.
OST is looking for seasoned, motivated and self-reliant professionals who can share their expertise in assessing the impact of one or more modal transportation programs involving intermodal and public policy issues. This position is in the DOT building, which sits directly across the street from the Metro and a few blocks away from the National’s Baseball stadium. OST has flexible work schedules and flexible health benefits.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513656900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.