About the Position:This position is located in the US Army Engineer District, Engineering and Construction Division, Design Branch; Duty station: Memphis, TN.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions in accordance with 10 USC § 1705(g).
This position is a TERM position. It is time-limited and may be extended up to a maximum of eight years. This position may be converted to permanent career or career-conditional appointment without further competition as long as all requirements are met. To be eligible for conversion, employee must complete at least 2 years of current continuous service under a term appointment in the competitive service AND employee must have a current performance rating under such term appointment of at least fully successful or equivalent.
This is a developmental position and may be filled at either grade level, GS-11 or GS-12. If selected at the GS-11 level the target level for this assignment is a GS-12. The grade level selected will be based upon your qualifications and responses to the questionnaire. Assignments at the GS-11 level will become progressively more difficult and will be under closer than normal supervision until the full performance level is reached. Non-Competitive promotion to the target job may be effected provided you are sufficiently experienced; meet all necessary qualification requirements for promotion to the target job; and is performing the full scope of the major duties.
Duties performed include:
- Review work of a small group of professional engineers and technicians
- Coordinate and monitors planning and design activities related to assigned projects.
- Direct the preparation of plans for maintenance, restoration and/or repairs to project features authorized by public laws using Microstation, Inroads and Specs Intact software.
- Maintain a liaison and confers with officials of levee boards, municipalities, private firms and other government agencies to ascertain their desires with respect to characteristics of project design and construction features, and explains wherein the Government may or may not be able to conform thereto.
- Responsible for preparation of recurring and special reports and correspondence relating to functions and activities of the unit.
- Serve as technical coordinator for designated construction projects.
Occasional travel - Business Travel (TDY) may be up to 10%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513546800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.