If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you.Learn more about this agency
DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs.
- Directly support the Defense Information System Network (DISN) provision section by providing engineering services.
- Provide innovative and original concepts to ensure the optimal allocation of DISN circuit/network resources and to improve reliability, flexibility, survivability and cost effectiveness.
- Apply expert and consultant knowledge of engineering principles and practices to a broad range of assignments within a functional area.
- Plan and execute complex projects/programs involving interaction with multiple personnel both internal and external to DISA project management.
- Provide technical engineering support to the DISN transport for Global Net-centric solutions.
- Provide systems development, systems design, systems architecture, end-to-end circuit engineering, test and evaluation, commissioning, performance evaluation, network engineering, systems engineering or systems analysis.
- Perform difficult and independent assignments in the analysis, design, engineering, provisioning, integration and upgrading of existing and future networks to technologies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513528000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.