This National Guard position is for an IT SPEC (CUSTSPT) (Title 32), Position Description Number D2182P01 and is part of the AR ANG 188 CMN FT, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
1. Manages the assigned IT/communications environment with privileged access at the network level for the Wing, Geographically Separated Units (GSU), and Tenants. Plans, coordinates, installs, and continuously analyzes system design, hardware and software.
2. Serves as a focal point for ensuring functionality and operability of the assigned IT/data systems/functions, voice and wireless systems to support mission requirements of Wing, Geographically Separated Units (GSU), and Tenants.
3. Provides customer technical assistance and support for all users. Provides ongoing technical support to customers to ensure proper functional use of equipment and programs and to preclude undue interruptions to IT and communications services.
4. Determines customer requirements and assists customers by recognizing and analyzing trends and providing instruction and orientation services. Identifies and documents system requirements for specific needs of customers.
5. Conducts feasibility studies to identify and analyze system failures and analyzes data to determine if trends exist which forecast the need for future replacement or modification of system hardware and software. Based upon the results of studies and the analyses of trends in usage and system problems, determines the feasibility of significant modifications vs. replacement to improve reliability.
6. Coordinates frequency needs with command level spectrum management office to maintain current allocations and obtain new authorizations. Secures operating authority, and ensures minimal interference by ANG radio frequency (RF) operations.
7. Installs, maintains, and repairs hardware devices supporting a broad range of information and communications systems. Uses detailed knowledge of concepts, principles, methods, and practices with sophisticated diagnostic equipment and complex diagnostic software to identify and resolve internal system and network conflicts.
8. Adheres to management control plan requirements by conducting self inspection and staff assistance visits. Resolves identified discrepancies.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513518600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.