This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (PLCYPLN) (Title 32), Position Description Number D2172P01 and is part of theAR ANG 188 CMN FT, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
1. Performs studies and independently establish plans for improving the efficiency of information technology and communications processes. Performs studies of all aspects of the installation's information technology and communications programs, processes, and methods.
2. Interprets a variety of technical requirements making independent judgments to determine organizational compliance with applicable instructions, procedures and practices. Audits IT programs, processes and projects. Continually assesses policy needs and interprets broad DoD, AF, and other higher headquarters guidance and applies it through development of policies for the area of responsibility.
3. Evaluates mission effectiveness, using standardized and locally developed evaluation programs and processes. Manages the scheduling and accomplishment of managerial, personnel, technical and special evaluations. Collectively evaluates management effectiveness, performance and technical proficiency of assigned personnel, equipment, and systems condition.
4. Advises supervisors and managers on the evaluation of programs, policies, regulatory requirements, and procedures. Recommends the establishment of quantity or quality criterion.
5. Develops process, management, administrative and technical evaluation plans for implementation. Notes deficiencies, identifies necessary resources, and recommends corrective actions.
6. Recommends internal reporting and status tracking procedures to ensure adequate control in terms of deadlines, progress reports, and follow-up reports. Manages the evaluation program to ensure required actions are tracked and completed.
7. Prepares and maintains files and publications IAW current directives to include both paper and electronic media.
8. Coordinates with HHQ elements, Program Management Offices, Specific System/Hardware Support Elements, OEM Vendors and Vendor Contracted support facilities for issue resolution.
9. Develops, implements and maintains work center training programs. Plans and schedules tasks and training activities for drill status guard members. Oversees and conducts on-the-job training (OJT) for personnel.
10. Adheres to management control plan requirements by conducting self inspection and staff assistance visits. Resolves identified discrepancies.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513511300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.