The incumbent serves as the General Optometrist seeing clinic patients with a variety of eye care needs and provide eye care as delineated in the clinical privilege list for Optometrists. To include, but not limited to, examination of the eye, lids, adnexa, and the visual system; providing basic low vision evaluation and services; and diagnosis, management and treatment of refractive conditions, binocular function, ocular disease and conditions, and ocular complications of systemic disorders.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will be expected to provide high quality and efficient eye care in a multidisciplinary health care team setting.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for examining, diagnosing and performing specific optometric treatments for conditions of the vision system. Orders and interprets laboratory, radiographic and other imaging studies; makes referrals of patients to other ophthalmology subspecialties.
- Acts as a teacher and mentor to physicians and technicians in appropriate examination, eye care and management of ocular diseases.
- Planning, coordinating and exercising professional judgment in initiating and implementing administrative and clinical decisions.
- Maintains channels of communication between optometry and all other clinical and administrative services, tertiary VA facilities, community hospitals, and area ophthalmologists to ensure that all Veterans needing optometric services will be able to access them to the greatest degree possible.
- Assures compliance with accrediting agencies and with medical staff by laws, rules, policies, and regulations.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513508900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.