This position is located in the Transcription Section of the Administrative Branch of the Court Reporting and Recording Division. The purpose of the position is to proofread the transcripts that are prepared by the contracted agency to ensure that all transcripts are accurate.Learn more about this agency
The Proofreader responsibilities include the following:
- Proofreads and makes corrections to transcripts received by the contractual agency.
- Maintains a quality control spreadsheet identifying the typist and types of errors.
- Maintains a spreadsheet of how many pages proofed per day.
- Researches transcripts for correct spellings of name and other relevant information.
- Answers telephone inquiries to include estimating the length of transcripts and estimated turnaround time.
- Files paperwork about transcript requests.
The incumbent should be an enthusiastic and engaged professional who enjoys working with a diverse group of Court personnel and customers and lives the DC Courts’ values of Accountability, Excellence, Fairness, Integrity, Respect, and Transparency.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513505700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.