This is an OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT and will remain open until November 1, 2019. The initial cut-off date for referral of eligible applications will be November 1, 2018, with subsequent cut-off dates on the 1st of each month. Eligible applications received after that date will be referred at regular intervals, as received, or as additional vacancies occur on an as needed basis until positions are filled.Learn more about this agency
The Psychologist for this announcement may be assigned to Behavioral Medicine Service at any of the locations listed within the announcement. The OPEN CONTINUOUS job opportunity announcement allows this office to accept applications/resumes for future vacancies as needed during the duration of this announcement.
The incumbent is member of the Behavioral Medicine Service (BMS) providing the full range of psychological services to Veterans referred by the clinic staff members including clinical assessment and treatment including individual, group or family psychotherapy, crisis intervention, advocacy, and coordination of linkages to other VA or community service providers/agencies as needed by the Veteran.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Applies advance professional psychological diagnostic methods and evidence-based intervention strategies to a full range of patient problems in his/her work setting.
- Advanced knowledge of psychological diagnosis, intervention, and behavioral health that qualifies him/her to provide advice and consultation to professionals representing a variety of disciplines.
- The psychosocial interviews & assessments are thorough and include pertinent information in all the required areas of functioning in order to determine appropriate diagnoses and other treatment-related conclusions.
- Psychotherapy as individual, group and/or family interventions are provided when clinically indicated/appropriate and when of therapeutic benefit to the recipients.
- The interventions are provided with emphasis on development of a positive and appropriate therapeutic relationship which is sensitive to the clinical, cultural, developmental and spiritual needs of patients. The interventions are empirically supported and/or are theoretically appropriate.
- Treatment is arranged in appropriate intervals of time over an appropriate span of time.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Functional Statement Title: Psychologist
Preferred Experience: A minimum of one (1) year of post-doctoral degree experience in the field of health care with licensure/certification in a state at the independent practice level.
PLEASE NOTE: Qualified clinical trainees, residents, fellows, interns, etc. are encouraged to apply; please follow the instructions in the How to Apply section.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513477900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.