The incumbent serves as the Chief of the Cloud Hosting and Networks Office (CHNO) within the Department of Technology Services (DTS) under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer.Learn more about this agency
The Department of Technology Services provides a wide range of enterprise-class systems, infrastructure, and data services supporting the operations of the courts.
The incumbent is responsible for the enterprise environment including installation, configuration, documentation, upgrading, and technical support related to all areas of server software, hardware, network, and security. Specifically, the successful candidate will oversee the engineering, deployment, and maintenance of on premise hosting, private and public cloud services, and wide area networks.
Primary duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Planning and managing IT staff in support of operations delivery in all areas including network engineering and administration, server engineering and administration, data storage and protection, cloud operations, voice systems, and other service.
- Ensuring that technical day-to-day operations operate smoothly, effectively, and efficiently.
- Developing, establishing, and enforcing operating procedures and protocols consistent with DTS and judiciary policies.
- Directing and managing cross-functional projects while ensuring transparency to the organization about status and direction.
- Establishing and maintaining security best practices across production environments.
- Supporting the Judiciary's incident response, disaster recovery and business continuity plans for Judiciary systems.
- Defining and leading a continuous quality improvement process throughout all operational program and service areas.
- Providing strong inspirational leadership and cultivating high-performing teams through recruitment, training, and retention strategies; timely performance evaluation; adequate management development; and succession planning for subordinate staff.
- Driving multiple simultaneous projects, demonstrating strong leadership and project management and project delivery skills, using both internal resources and vendors to drive projects to completion.
- Providing sound fiscal management to budgets for the acquisition of equipment, maintenance, and services.
- Enabling a continuous learning environment for the office.
- Developing and implementing short- and long-range operational plans that embody DTS's mission, values, and goals consistent with the overall DTS operational mission and strategy.
Occasional travel - Up to 20% of the time to offsite service locations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513415100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.