The Center has an opening in its Research Division for a Research Associate. The Research Division undertakes empirical and legal research on federal court management and procedures, and the rules of federal procedure, typically at the request of the Judicial Conference and its committees or court units.Learn more about this agency
A Research Associate's primary duties and responsibilities are to design and conduct social scientific and/or law-related studies of innovative or improved approaches to judicial administration in federal appellate, district, and bankruptcy courts. Responsibilities include but are not limited to undertaking or assisting in data collection, analysis, and report writing. Research Associates must have knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to conduct innovative empirical and legal research as well as to advise, review, and guide the research of other research professionals, in ways that the results will be informative to policy-makers and others who may not have research training or a background in research. Specific duties and responsibilities generally exercised with advice, guidance, and review by the Director of Research and/or Senior Research Associates may include:
- Performing a full range of project-related research work as a member of a project research team (e.g., research literature reviews, designing, pretesting and conducting surveys, including web-based online surveys, conducting research interviews, organizing project data, performing data analyses, report writing, etc.);
- Providing direct project support, including but not limited to data collection, creating and documenting data sets, and undertaking data cleaning and related analysis;
- Preparing reports of the findings of assigned research projects;
- Assisting with project data archiving; and
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Division Director.
Occasional travel - Required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513414400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.