The Behavioral Health Inpatient Care Unit's (BHICU) Registered Nurse is a professional nurse who is accountable to the Nurse Manager (NM) or the Assistant Nurse Manager/Nurse Educator. The RN provides direct patient care, directs and assigns ancillary staff to perform patient care, and ensures the delivery of quality nursing care to a variety of inpatient mental health patients.Learn more about this agency
- The responsibilities of the RN include but are not limited to; performing the Charge Nurse role, admitting patients, completing patient assessments, leading treatment team, administering medications, leading Code Greens, completing and updating treatment plans.
- In conjunction with the RN and/or the ANM/NE the RN coordinates unit schedules ensuring staffing coverage and assumes responsibility and accountability for the day to day operation and patient flow of the BHICU.
- The RN is also responsible for contributing to the establishment and implementation of evidenced-based nursing standards of practice. The RN provides support to the BHICU staff by identifying discipline-specific education needs and then implements educational trainings that foster professional development.
- In conjunction with the NM and/or the ANM/NE the RN assists in analysis and interpretation of performance improvement and performance measure data, and assists with the development of policies, protocols, procedures, and unit guidelines.
- The RN include but are not limited to; being a preceptor to new RNs, orienting new staff, following orientation check lists and ensuring that all new employees are competent to perform assigned BHICU duties.
- The RN will attend Yellow Belt training and apply the Lean and Six Sigma philosophies to; lead and execute process-level improvement projects, collect process data, develop process maps, apply problem solving and quantifiable tools to an improvement project, and eliminate waste and defects.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
"NOTE: This announcement is open until filled. The initial cut-off date will be 10/25/2018. Subsequent cut-off dates will be every two weeks after that until a selection is made or the closing date of the announcement whichever comes first."
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513406200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.