SummaryThe Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors (VRCs) are located in the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) Regional Office (RO), RO Out based office location, Vet Success On Campus (VSOC) school site, or Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES military installation). VRCs in the VBA provide and coordinate a wide range of rehabilitation counseling and case management services to disabled veterans and other eligible individuals.Learn more about this agency
- At the GS-9, under the general supervision of the Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Officer (VREO); incumbent performs a limited range of case management
- responsibilities for training and employment services on a range of cases including those requiring special procedures.
- Will be assigned limited range of initial evaluation cases in which the degree of difficulty in determining entitlement is minimal.
- Provides individual and group counseling sessions to provide information and assistance with the program.
- Conduct comprehensive initial evaluations to determine entitlement to Chapter 31 rehabilitation benefits and the need for independent living services.
- Assists the veteran in exploring and identifying rehabilitation needs, goals and objectives. Provides problem solving counseling to a diverse adult population with a wide range of disabilities to facilitate the achievement of rehab objectives.
- Provides comprehensive employment and post-employment services.
- Participation in outreach programs (both onsite and offsite.)
- Represents the VA by acting as liaison with local military installations by providing information on the Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VRE) programs.
- Participates in existing partnerships with community educational facilities to provide on campus support to veteran students.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level. The grade progression for this position is: GS-09/11/12.
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday through Friday
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, 37503A/37502A/37501A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513390100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.