About the Position: This position is located in the Patient Administration Division,1st floor Oaks Pavilion, Fort Belvoir Community Hospital. The work area is in an adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated office or medical facility setting or from the coder's own home (teleworking). The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions.Learn more about this agency
Position is being filled using EHA - Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
- Assign codes to all final diagnoses, procedures, and operations. Sequences codes utilizing the complication or comorbid condition exclusion list in the code book.
- Identify the diagnosis which, after study of patient, is determined to be chiefly responsible for the admission of the patient to the hospital and codes this as the principal diagnosis.
- Perform qualitative analysis of the records to ensure accuracy, internal consistency and correlation of recorded data.
- Assign additional diagnosis codes based on specific clinical findings (laboratory reports, radiology reports, pathology reports and clinical studies) in support of existing diagnoses (i.e., discharge summary/notes).
- Review content of diagnostic and procedural templates in ADM to ensure diagnoses and procedures meet current coding requirements and are an accurate reflection of the scope and practice for each unique specialty.
- Perform quality improvement activities in support of institution-wide medical documentation concerns.
- Conduct group education briefings on coding; assists in the development and deployment of entry level training programs and provides training to assigned professional staff.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513376900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.