About the Position: This position is with the Walter Reed National Military Medical Centers, Directorate for Administration, Department of Information Technology/Information Management, Web Services, located in Bethesda, Maryland.You must be able to travel between offices and buildings within the area. A candidate must be able to carry up to 40 lbs (forty pounds) of Information Technology (IT) gear to support all facilities.Learn more about this agency
Incumbent's duty hours will be 1st shift.
- Coordinate a variety of complex and unusual security issues with security officers for security vulnerability when there is not complete agreement on methods, procedures, or objectives.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate operations above the local level designed to ensure, protect, and restore Inofrmation Technology (IT) systems, services, and capabilities.
- Monitor and evaluate systems' compliance with IT security requirements; provides advice and guidance in implementing IT security policies and procedures in the development and operation of network systems.
- Plan and coordinate the installation, upgrade, and maintenance of the operating environment.
- Evaluate, select, and coordinate the acquisition of appropriate systems software packages and hardware; ensures high reliability and optimal availability of applications.
- Develop solutions to complex operational problems; and evaluates the feasibility of implementing new technologies with current environments; develop and refines Internet services (e.g., Web sites, list servers and FTP sites)
- Install and maintain software and hardware, controls current versions and future releases of applications software and documents the physical configuration of an information system.
- Design, implement, and maintain multi-user SQL databases; ensure databases meet the business requirements of client organizations, are accessible to authorized customers through the Local Area Network (LAN), and are kept up-to-date.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513333500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.