If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you.Learn more about this agency
DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs.
- Assists the Chief Public Affairs with the Agency's public information, community relations, and command information in accordance with DOD policy on Public Affairs.
- Assists the Chief Public Affairs as an advisor to the Director, Vice Director, Deputy Directors, and the military and civilian employees of the Agency on all matters pertaining to public information, community relations, and command information.
- Works with the print and broadcast news media national, regional, and local; trade publications, associations and other specialized groups, industry, and other governmental public affairs offices.
- Reviews articles, speeches, and presentations on operations and activities of the Agency to be given by Agency personnel in a public forum for compliance with established security policies, DISA and DOD policies, and DOD directives.
- Develops and writes information materials designed to reach national audiences through the news media such as wire services, radio, television, newspaper, etc.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513328900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.