This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency. The incumbent will be responsible for directly coordinates readiness, mandatory, and professional development training for 72 government and military personnel (GS-13 and above and E-7 through O-6) and 90 contract personnel. The incumbent oversees all aspects of the department's equipment management program, including accountability, issue, receipt, research, and maintenance.Learn more about this agency
As a TRAINING AND LOGISTICS SPECIALIST at the GS-0301-12 some of your typical work assignments may include:
· Responsible for coordinating readiness, mandatory, and professional development training for government and military personnel (GS-13 and above and E-7 through O-6) and contract personnel.
· Develops training related policies and procedures for the department's divisions based upon agency and other guidance. Works with the Standards and Training personnel in developing the department's training standard operating procedure. Assists with the development of the quarterly and annual training agenda.
· Incumbent directly impacts the capabilities, readiness, and professional competence of the Joint Mission Assurance Assessment (JMAA), Balanced Survivability Assessment (BSA), and DoD Red teams by ensuring key scientific and technical personnel are trained on the most current and relevant tactics, techniques, and procedures for their area of expertise. In addition, ensures assessment team personnel are capable of world-wide deployment, including hazardous duty areas. Incumbent ensures assessment and mobile training teams are appropriately equipped to accomplish their mission. Independently develops and manages the organization's training and equipment accountability programs. Establishes criteria and schedules to attain training goals and objectives.
· Explains the Agency and Department's policy and guidelines to new employees. Assists new employees with registration in the Learning Management System (LMS) and schedule personnel for training courses identified as mandatory for agency employees.
· Oversees all aspects of the department's equipment management program, including accountability, issue, receipt, research, and maintenance. Through coordination with assigned equipment custodians, defines the baseline equipment issue for each assigned team.
· Coordinates equipment issue for new personnel through the Acquisition and Logistics. Ensures military members are outfitted with the proper military uniforms with all accoutrements.
· Plans for and manages systems, subsystems, and equipment throughout their life cycle, including integrated logistics support activities. Develops, initiates, integrates, and manages all logistics actions associated with life cycle management of equipment. Serves as logistics focal point throughout the system's life cycle. Formulates logistics management and fiscal policy for division high value equipment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513298100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.