Learn more about this agency
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the local area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration)
This position is located at the School Age Services.
Must be available to work rotating split shifts, nights, and weekends.
- Responsible for the operation of the Child and Youth Services (CYS) Homework Center in accordance with applicable regulations.
- As part of the on ratio staff, provides assistance to participants in strengthening their academic and learning skills, particularly in the areas of math, science, and English language (communication) skills.
- Works with Youth Education Support Services staff to develop and implement a comprehensive program to assist students in the completion of daily homework assignments, reinforce existing and develop new skills.
- Provides care/supervision, oversight, and accountability for program participants in compliance with DoD, Army and local policies, guidance, and standards
- Develops linkages with parents, School Liaison Officer, other CYS Program Associates (such as working in the technology lab), and volunteer tutors to ensure homework center is fully integrated into all applicable program settings.
- Observes participants' progress in homework center and continually reviews activities and plans for appropriateness.
- Recommends changes and adjustments where necessary to activities and plans to meet unusual situations associated with the needs of individual children and youth.
- Observes a program participant for signs that may indicate illness, abuse or neglect and reports as directed. Ensures program is in compliance with standards and procedures as outlined in applicable regulations and program management guides.
- Participates in conferences with parents, program staff, and school representatives. Plans and conducts activities for parents encouraging parents to become involved.
- Provides care/supervision, oversight, and accountability for program participants in compliance with DoD, Army and local policies, guidance, and standards.
- Secures supplies, equipment, and facilities.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position to other facilities and for training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513297300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.