The Office of Facilities and Environmental Quality is looking for an energetic and innovative leader who will serve as the alter ego to the Director for Facilities and Environmental Quality regarding all aspects of the Department of Commerce's programs for facilities and administrative services. The leader will enjoy working in a mission drive and dynamic organization as the Deputy Director for Facilities and Environmental Quality.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the OFEQ Director by providing strategic leadership and has decision-making authority overseeing OFEQ program operations and change initiatives. The incumbent has responsibility for the development administration and oversight of policies, procedures and operational responsibilities for all programs within OFEQ and serves as the senior expert to provide advice to Departmental staff and key external and internal stakeholders and manages associated risks, using extensive coordination and collaboration techniques with key staff.
Specifically, the incumbent:
- Provides oversight of real property projects and coordinates Department-wide facilities requirements, manages the Departmental building delegation program, serves as liaison with the General Services Administration on all real property management programs and coordinates approval of prospectus level construction and lease-related acquisitions.
- Monitors real property assets of the Department so that assets are managed in a manner that is consistent with the goals and objectives set forth in the Department's strategic plan and reflected in the Department's asset management plan.
- Reviews and interprets proposed and existing energy, environmental, and sustainability legislation, regulations, directives, and executive orders that relate to operations and recommends and/or communicates the Department's position and actions to be taken.
- Incorporates planning and managerial requirements for environmental management; develops and implements broad policies, standards, and procedures for the real property, sustainability, energy conversation, environmental and mail management programs and the Department's Herbert C. Hoover Building renovation project.
- Oversees all operational and maintenance requirements of the Herbert C. Hoover Building (HCHB) as well as the ongoing renovation and modernization project in partnership with GSA.
- Provides policy and oversight of all personal property within the Department and coordinates Department-wide requirements and reporting; provides policy and oversight for the Department fleet management program.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513270300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.