THIS IS A DUAL STATUS TITLE 32 POSITION
This National Guard position is for a POLICE OFFICER, Position Description Number D2155000and is part of the 151st Security Forces Squadron of the Utah Air National Guard in Salt Lake City. This announcement is open Nationwide. This is an indefinite position until 30 September 2019. Continuation of this position is dependent upon approval of next FY funding. The selecting official for this vacancy is MSgt Michael Buell.
Learn more about this agency
As a POLICE OFFICER, GS-0083-6, you will:
* Performs and enforces the full range of security forces duties within the military installation.
* Apprehends and detains violators of laws, rules, and regulations and turns them over to the Federal or civil police or other law enforcement officers for arrest and/or posting of collateral.
* Serves at fixed posts or patrols the installation on foot or in vehicles; responds to alarms, irregularities, and unusual or suspicious circumstances.
* Responds to calls for emergency assistance to include active shooter, suspicious persons, catastrophic events, scenes of crimes/natural disasters and enemy attacks, and makes apprehensions.
* Performs traffic duty to include directing traffic and escorting dignitaries.
* Serves as a Security Forces Dispatcher for the installation.
* Monitors the locations of all posts, alarm systems, closed circuit television systems and telephone/radio networks.
* As required, coordinates with civilian police, fire, rescue and emergency units for assistance.
* Performs the full range of Base Entry Controller and commercial vehicle inspection duties.
* Performs the full range of duties for defending protection level resources (Patrol, Security Response Team (I-SRT & E-SRT).
* Verifies credentials to ensure only authorized personnel, vehicles, and equipment items are permitted in these
areas and validates each person's need to access the area.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513241800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.