About the Position: Arlington National Cemetery is located in Arlington, VA. Since May of 1864, Arlington National Cemetery has served as the nation's premier military cemetery and shrine honoring those men and women who served in the Armed Forces.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as the Chief of Protocol for Arlington National Cemetery (ANC) with sole authority and responsibility for the management of all protocol and conference related functions for the Office of Army Cemeteries and ANC.
- Provide protocol procedures for national-level events attended by the President of the United States and a variety of visitors to include international heads of state, high ranking military officials (both foreign and domestic), and state officials.
- Coordinate with proposed Distinguished Visitors (DVs), their executive assistants, senior aides, and advisors to gather insight into the purpose and scope of the proposed visit or event.
- Develop comprehensive command-wide guidance, direction, and methods to include policies and regulations governing all facets of protocol and planning for all types and levels of visits/events.
- Coordinate with commercial vendors and installation managers in arranging and coordinating all aspects of social functions.
- Evaluate the scope and background of proposed visits/events to make a determination of appropriate levels of staffing and logistical support.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513235100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.