These are Career-Seasonal positions and subject to release and recall procedures. A permanent career-seasonal position includes all the benefits of permanent employment, but does not provide employment on a full year-round basis. Selectees will be in a non-pay/non-duty status for at least 2 weeks to 6 months per year based on project requirements. Selectees are guaranteed to work at least 6 months per year but not more than 50 weeks per year. The typical season for April through October.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for collecting appropriate fees at a park entrance station, visitor center, campground, iron rangers, and automated fee machines.
- Follow established accountability guidelines for handling government funds.
- Operate an electronic cash register, computer or Point of Sales system, perform opening and closing shift functions, issue entrance receipts, tour tickets, park passes, and federal recreation passes and verifie passes for validity dates.
- Process refunds or upgrades as needed according to established guidelines.
- Complete shift reports to verify money collected, accountable stock sold, and all machine transactions from the shift. Safeguard funds collected and personal accountable stock.
- Responsible for providing current, accurate information to visitors concerning the NPS area and other surrounding areas of interest.
- Communicate the area?s recreational opportunities, including NPS interpretive services, concession operated facilities and services, camping opportunities and hiking trails, distributes maps, brochures and other printed material.
- Communicate the significance of the area?s natural, cultural, and/or historic resources, advises park visitors of park regulations and explains the importance of such for the protection of the area resources.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513233500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.