Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas.Learn more about this agency
- The purpose of this position is to serve as a work leader in the processing of military pay transactions
- Incumbent monitors and directs work activities which involve the examination of military pay documents to determine the accuracy and propriety of payments or the need for collection action to ensure proper payment to military members
- Exercise precision in entering personnel actions, reviewing pay authorization documents, determining entitlements, and processing pay entitlement actions that serve as a basis for pay and leave computation and affect the disbursement of pay
- Conducts audits and reviews rejects making corrective action when necessary, processes reports, and performs research
- Provides one-on-one assistance to military members regarding personal services
- Reviews financial records of service members who are retiring, separating or re-enlisting
- Reviews completed pay actions, audit a wide variety of difficult pay actions, and compile information regarding the causes of incorrect pay entitlements
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513205400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.