These positions are being concurrently announced under Pathways Recent Graduate program as announcement number 19-NCH-ENG-810-57-RG. Current federal employees may apply to both announcements. This position may be filled at the GS-05 or GS-07 grade level with promotion potential to the GS-09/11.Learn more about this agency
At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
Duties listed below are for a GS-0810-07:
- Conducts preliminary surveys and site investigations to obtain baseline and field data on soils, topography, drainage, existing structures and utilities, and feasible layout of proposed roads, facilities or structures in relation to terrain. Prepares design criteria for smaller or less complex portions of conventional roads, facilities, utility systems, or structures. Prepares completed road designs involving drainage structures, base and surfacing analysis, and special structures using basic survey data.
- Supervises inspection of construction operations for compliance with intent of design and specifications; interprets plans and specifications; confers with contractor representatives to resolve differences. Computes quantities and makes cost estimates based on cost data and knowledge of project, terrain, and climate.
- Plans and conducts civil engineering projects according to clear and specified objectives. Develops programs for maintenance of facilities, which includes determination of necessity for, feasibility of, and extent of work required; development of project or program proposals to obtain budget approval; preparation of designs or specifications; and accomplishment of repair and modification work.
- Observes and investigates construction at all stages to identify problems, take timely action to change designs within delegated authority, or recommend changes to solve problems. Participates in field surveys and investigations of existing facilities and utility systems to ensure that maintenance and repair schedules and procedures conform to safety, health, and regulatory requirements.
- Investigates need for and prepares engineering data for change orders, considering conditions at work site, field measurements and computations, and local prices, sometimes discussing and working out details with contractor personnel.
Positions in the following locations are full performance GS-09 and are without relocation (TOS) available and BU eligible:
- Porterville, CA - For additional information, please contact Marcos Rios at 559-784-1500 x 1141 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Redding, CA - For additional information, please contact Pete Cates at 530-226-2327 or email@example.com
- South Lake Tahoe, CA - For additional information, please contact Michael Gabor at 530-543-2642 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandy and Springfield, OR - For additional information, please contact Holly Jewkes at 541-225-6311 or email@example.com OR Walter Hislop at 503-668-1799 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ironwood, MI - For additional information, please contact Lisa Klaus at 906-285-6904 or email@example.com
- Conifer, CO - For additional information, please contact Lacie Davilman at 719-553-1492 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delta, CO - For additional information, please contact Cande Read at 970-874-6609 or email@example.com
- Bedford, IN - For additional information, please contact Brad Lidell at 812-276-4756 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rolla, MO - For additional information, please contact Amy Wilson at 573-341-7464 or email@example.com
- Watford City, ND - For additional information, please contact Curtis Grudniewski at 701-842-8528 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions on how to apply, please see the Agency Contact Information which is listed below.
25% or less - Overnight travel will be required for training and work assignments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513199100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.