If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you.Learn more about this agency
DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs.
- Provides technical and functional support, for budget programs assigned to the team.
- Provides budgetary services to customers through all phases of programming and budgeting processes.
- Interprets, formulates, disseminates and implements program and budget guidance, policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements conceptual programming and budgeting approaches and plans to support complex, rapidly changing customer requirements with little historical data and multi-million dollar regional.
- Develops funded programs and unfinanced requirements and decrements in various budget execution reviews.
- Coordinates directly with higher headquarters, other installations, the subordinate activity, program directors and functional personnel on financial and budgetary matters.
- Interrelates appropriated fund budgetary requirements, plans and funding with those available from other sources such as reimbursable programs and no-year funds to ensure optimum resource alignment.
- Reviews the organization strategic, functional operating and performance plans and develops command budget estimate information and phased execution plans that support goals and strategies.
- Recognizing that budgetary requirements and funding levels often vary widely from year to year.
- Prepares narrative statement input, unfinanced requirements descriptions and decrement impact statements for use in describing and defending programs.
- Analyzes execution using automation and a variety of analytical methods, tools and techniques.
- Makes recommendations to program and activity directors on unfinanced requirements and decrements priorities, and reprogramming initiatives.
- Develops and recommends program and funding adjustments that ensure accomplishment of strategic, functional and performance plan objectives.
- Conducts cost-benefit analysis of programs, recommends program trade-offs and suggests alternative methods of funding.
- Determines if additional funding is required to support the mission and assesses if additional funds can be generated from within available resources.
- Determines whether changes in mission or other factors justify request to higher headquarters for additional allotments.
- Adjusts funded programs, unfinanced requirements and decrements periodically throughout the fiscal year in support of program directors functional plans.
- Prepares fund execution reports and briefs program directors, functional managers, and activity directors on fund status.
- Plans and executes reimbursable programs. Conducts detailed analysis of prior year obligation status to ensure mission accomplishment and improve current year execution.
- Maintains fund control for customers, and ensures integrity of fund control systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513196200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.