Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position, Aircraft Ordnance Systems Mechanic (DUTY TITLE: BOMBERS B1,B-2, B-52 MUNITIONS MECHANIC), WG-6652-11, is to functionally test, inspect, troubleshoot, and repair a variety of specially instrumented, test, preproduction, standard and modified high performance, test modified, bomber munitions and aircraft systems, subsystems, and components.
- Ensure serviceability, proper installation, and operation, using appropriate test equipment, special tools, technical data, diagrams, blueprints, etc.
- Perform required periodic, phased, minor, major, and special inspections to the assigned Aircraft and Stores Management System (SMS) avionics and assigned Alternate mission Equipment (AME).
- Perform required functional checks and modifications, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to the assigned Aircraft and Stores Management System (SMS) avionics and assigned Alternate mission Equipment (AME).
- Upload and download the complete Air Force inventory of B-1, B-2, and B-52 munitions, including items in development or undergoing system upgrades/redesign.
- Maintain aircraft munitions and maintenance records, including all standard records and records of modifications performed on assigned aircraft and equipment, following established procedures, technical data and directives.
- Perform ground handling and servicing of assigned aircraft, including the preflight, post flight, launch, recovery, refueling, towing, washing, lubricating, jacking, etc.
- Debrief air crews after flight to analyze comments concerning deficiencies in performance of SMS and installed air munitions as required.
Occasional travel - May be required to travel on temporary duty (TDY) by government of commercial aircraft, bus, rail, or automobile.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513191600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.