This position is located within our GEC service but will be physically located the Fort Knox, KY, Community Outpatient Based Clinic (CBOC).Learn more about this agency
The Home Based Primary Care (HBPC) mission is to provide comprehensive, interdisciplinary, primary care in the homes of veterans with complex medical, social and behavioral conditions for whom routine clinic-based care is not effective. The primary focus of HBPC is longitudinal care for complex, chronic, disabling disease. The HBPC Nurse Practitioner is an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) who provides comprehensive care in the home setting. He/she executes position responsibilities that demonstrate leadership, experience and creative approaches to the management of complex client care. Leadership is demonstrated while providing direct patient care and also in the development and implementation of programs to improve the delivery and quality of patient care.
- - Assuming the primary medical responsibility of their patient panel through assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation and revision of the plan of care.
- - Developing and managing a home and community based plan of care which will assure quality of care, access to care and cost efficiency regardless of payer source.
- - Providing appropriate home care for veterans ranging in age from 18 through the geriatric years, taking into consideration diagnosis and physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and cultural needs.
- - Functioning as the interdisciplinary team leader.
- - Providing Palliative Care and Geriatric Consults, coverage for other programs as needed, and other duties as assigned.
- - Adhering to established VHA guidelines; facility; service and program policies; as well as recognized standards of care and standards of practice.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513186100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.