This position is INCLUDED in the bargaining unit.
Please note - Only your resume and cover letter will be forwarded to the selecting official.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement and the office for that selection may vary.Learn more about this agency
If you are ready to begin your new career or are looking for a place to make an impact, what better place than the top ranked agency in the federal government? We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team of dedicated professionals here at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), where we are ranked number one in the Best Places to Work in the federal government rankings.
FERC is ranked number 1 among mid-size agencies in the Partnership for Public Service’s Best Places to Work in the Federal Government rankings. FERC has consistently ranked number 1 in Work/Life Balance, as well. As a leader in Work/Life Balance FERC is proud to offer telework flexibilities in accordance with agency policy. Telework is not guaranteed and is offered on a case-by-case basis. FERC does not currently have any 100 percent telework positions.
FERC’s role is to oversee various aspects of the energy industry, including transmission of electricity, natural gas and oil. We also analyze proposals to build liquefied natural gas terminals and interstate natural gas pipelines and license hydropower projects. To help support the modernization of the electric system here in the U.S., we are focusing on issues associated with a smarter grid.
Our employees gain valuable work experience that provides them with the career boost that they are seeking. We need people like you to help us move the industry forward and continue to shape the future of energy policy. Join us and help make a difference!
This position is located in the Office of Enforcement - Division of Analytics and Surveillance. The Office of Enforcement serves the public interest by ensuring effective regulations and protecting customers through understanding markets and their regulation, timely identifying and remedying market problems, assuring compliance with Commission rules and regulations, and detecting and crafting remedies to address market manipulation and other non-compliance issues.
Major Duties include:
- Participate on teams applying quantitative analytical techniques in analyzing electric power and natural gas trading portfolios.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of data associated with electric and natural gas markets for the purpose of monitoring and reviewing market participant conduct and performance.
- Use a comprehensive understanding of energy trading transaction analysis in the context of market rules.
- Use a comprehensive understanding of trading practices, risk assessment, and relevant market tools together with a knowledge of current market issues to assess market behavior and compliance with Commission rules.
- Perform work individually or as a team member and participate in multiple projects concurrently, in a different capacity on each.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513177800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.