Mission StatementLearn more about this agency
The NRO is the U.S. Government agency in charge of designing, building, launching and maintaining America's intelligence satellites. The NRO provides reconnaissance information to the Intelligence Community and the DoD warfighters. For more information see: http://www.nro.gov
NRO is accepting applications from U.S. Citizens and current GS/GG-15 or equivalent federal civilian government employees for this position.
SEE QUALIFICATIONS SECTION BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
As a SUPERVISORY HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serves as Principle Deputy Director, Office of Human Resources (OHR) for the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) Office of Human Resources.
- Responsible for providing executive leadership and direction in establishing and maintaining a proactive and visionary human resources program which is responsive to the needs of both NRO management and employees, and assures optimum productivity and goal attainment in all program functions.
- Provides oversight and lead strategic planning and implementation related to Cadre HR activities.
- Serves as the primary HR advisor to the Cadre Executive Director and will be responsible for refining current policies and processes and will recommend changes where appropriate.
- Responsible for developing mid- and long-term workforce strategies to include recruiting, hiring, retention, training, payroll and permanent change of station.
- Manages the implementation of policies and procedures on behalf of the OHR and Cadre Executive Director.
- Collaborates with Air Force Element (AFELM) and Navy Element to ensure their integration into OHR programs, data collection and Strategic Workforce Planning activities.
- Advises the Director of OHR and AFELM Commander on NRO Enterprise issues that relate to AFELM.
- Fosters development of HR programs and provides briefings to top-level management, operating officials and supervisors designed to instill an understanding of responsibilities for continuing sound management of human resources.
- Works with the Deputy Director, OHR to enable cross-element collaboration and integration to ensure sharing of HR Best Practices, and providing a single face to the NRO customer.
- Develops and implements strategic initiatives that have broad corporate impact on the NRO and influence across the Intelligence Community (IC).
- Oversees and leads ongoing analysis of organizational HR performance to identify developing trends and issues based on changing workforce performance to identify developing trends and issues based on changing workforce demographics, parent agency or service element initiatives or mission objectives.
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities, directing, coordinating and overseeing work through subordinate supervisors.
- Advises staff regarding policies, procedures, and directives of higher-level management or headquarters.
Occasional travel - May be required to travel in military or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513141300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.