The position is on the Environment, Air Quality and Realty Technical Service Team of the FHWA Resource Center. Incumbent is an expert in technical areas such as transportation conformity; National Environmental Policy Act; Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program; and transportation sector energy consumption, CO2 emissions and resilience to climate change.Learn more about this agency
As an Environmetal Protection Specialist, you will:
- Provide expert analysis and interpretation of extremely complex data, policy, legislation, and regulations; environmental procedures, requirements, technological advancements and/or approaches specific to air quality related environmental laws.
- Coordinate with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other entities on complex model development related to EPA emission and dispersion models and the California Air Resources Board emission model and demonstrates a proficiency in the use of these models for analyzing transportation plans, programs and projects.
- Develop procedures and standards which facilitate accomplishment of the program and technical assistance role of the Resource Center.
- Represent the Resource Center Environment, Air Quality and Realty Technical Service team as a technically authoritative expert.
- Identify and pursue new partnerships, marketing approaches, and customer participation, negotiating complex and/or innovative technological, program, resource, and operational relationships.
The ideal candidate for this position is a senior-level specialist participating on a multidisciplinary team providing expert technical guidance, advice, assistance and training in Environment and Air Quality programs. This is an excellent opportunity to join the Federal Highway Administration and work in the Resource Center’s Environment, Air Quality and Realty Technical Services Team to advance the strategic goals and objectives of the Federal Highway Administration and meet the challenges of advancing the best transportation system in the world. We offer an excellent benefits package and alternative work schedules.
50% or less - Some travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513122400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.