This National Guard position is for a MANAGEMENT ANALYST - TITLE 32, Position Description Number D1336000 and is part of the GA 116th Force Support Squadron, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This is a full-time, Excepted Indefinite, dual status position which requires Georgia Air National Guard Membership. Position is Indefinite however, may convert to permanent without further competition.
Area of Consideration: Statewide members of the Georgia Air National Guard.
As a Management Analyst, GS-0343-11, you will:
- Provide nontechnical administrative supervision of several mission support functions.
- Identify and conducts a variety of staff studies on behalf of the group commander, division heads, or subordinate unit commanders.
- Utilize various recognized analytical and evaluative methods, incumbent independently studies and evaluates the effectiveness and strength of a variety of programs, operations, and policies. Provide information based on an analysis of proposed alternatives to existing operations and mission capabilities pertaining to group headquarters and subordinate units.
- Analyze and review aspects of managerial responsibilities to determine requirements for new or revised policies and procedures.
- Determine the applicability and currency of policies pertaining to the management of group and squadron programs.
- Provide detailed recommendations including valid alternatives to the group commander or requesting official to resolve management problems based on a thorough analysis and evaluation. Reviews the effectiveness and status of group headquarters programs and activities through visual observations and reviews.
- Serve as point of contact for various inspection teams, and coordinates the resolution of problem are as contained in inspection reports.
- Review inspection items to ensure deficiencies are permanently resolved.
- Work closely with unit staff and operating officials and identifies areas of weakness throughout the organization.
- Work with management and technical personnel proposing managerial, policy, and procedural changes.
- Propose corrections are closely reviewed with operating officials including the commander.
- Prepare memos and directives consistent with group policies and outlines corrective actions necessary for effective and economical operations.
- Advise and keep the group commander and division chiefs informed concerning problem areas and program effectiveness.
- Draft group policies into written policy statements assuring that policies are distributed to applicable parties.
- Review commander's planning agenda to ensure listed items are researched and that supporting information is prepared for presentation.
- Follow up on items requiring further action. Reviews reports and correspondence for action items. Researches and formulates responses or proposed courses of action.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513072800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.