The VA Medical Center in Washington, DC is currently recruiting for a full-time physician to serve as Chief for the Infectious Diseases (ID) Section to provide oversight for all of the clinical, research, education and administrative responsibilities of the ID Section. The ID Section is the second largest provider of HIV care within the VHA healthcare system.Learn more about this agency
The Chief of the ID Section is responsible for the ID consultation services for inpatients and outpatients, integrated primary and subspecialty care for HIV-infected patients, management of multidrug resistant organisms, nosocomial infections, opportunistic infections among immunocompromised patients and clinical testing in the ID Laboratory. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Inpatient ID consult service provides recommendations for the diagnosis and management of infections throughout the inpatient wards of Medical, Neurology, Mental Health and Chronic Long-term Care Services of this VA Medical Center
- Outpatient consultations include guidance in diagnosis and treatment for a variety of infections, prevention of infections and travel medicine
- Infection control and antibiotic stewardship as outlined in VHA Directive 1131 [November 7, 2017 for VISN 5 facilities in molecular testing for HIV, hepatitis C and chlamydia/gonorrhea
- Holds faculty appointment at the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences and teaches medical students, interns, residents and ID fellows through supervised clinical work, lectures and formal didactic presentations
- Responsible for all staff work performance, for timely ID consultations, for patients' easy access into ID Clinic, and for the smooth operations of the ID Section.
- Works closely with Microbiology Laboratory, Infection Control and Occupational Health to lend expertise for optimization of testing, guidance for hospital epidemiology and assistance in management of work-related exposures
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513037000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.